La Règle underground tunnel

La Règle underground tunnel
La Règle underground tunnel

A dense network of underground tunnels is hidden away beneath the town's old quarters. Some date back to the Roman era (aqueduct), but the major part was built between the year 1000 and the 13th century. Geology allowed for a complex architecture, often with two levels, the first level often having man-made walls. In a narrow commercial town, extra storage space was needed, which explains why these tunnels were built. La Règle tunnel was La Règle abbey's old cellar.

Open to visitors exclusively during tours organized by the Limoges Tourist Information Office (dates available on our website). Tours last 30 minutes.

Contact information

3 rue de la Règle
Cité des Métiers et des Arts
87000 LIMOGES

Contact

12 boulevard de Fleurus
87000 LIMOGES
Tel. : 05 55 34 46 87

Opening dates